District-level discussion meets ramp up this spring and early summer, with the popular events engaging Young Farmers (ages 18-35) statewide in conversation about today’s most important agricultural topics.
Discussion meets are a fun competition meant to simulate committee-meeting conversations in which active participation is expected from everyone around the table. The contests are evaluated on an exchange of ideas and information on a pre-determined topic.
Participants build vital discussion skills, develop a keen understanding of real-world issues affecting the industry and explore how groups can reach consensus toward solving problems. They’re also a great way to meet other Young Farmers — and spectators are always welcome!
Find your district’s discussion meet below and make plans to attend!
- District 1 — March 14 at Griner Farms in Jones; contact Sarah Pion, 269-377-4841
- District 2 — March 19 at Ironbark Brewing Company and Grand River Brewery, Jackson; contact Paul Pridgeon, 517-320-4444
- District 3 — March 28 at Planters Paradise & Floral Gardens, Macomb; contact Hannah Meyers, 616-485-4469
- District 4 — March 31 at Thornapple Point, Grand Rapids; contact Adam Dietrich, 616-889-1857
- District 5 — April 18 at Demmer Center, Lansing; contact Hannah Lange, 231-383-3131
- District 6 — July 9; location TBD; contact Beth Rupprecht, 989-640-6913
- District 7 — March 26 at Regional Center for Agriscience & Career Advancement, Fremont; contact Bridget Moore, 989-640-6973
- District 8 — March 21 at Merrell Farms, Freeland; contact Becca Gulliver, 989-708-1082
- District 9 — June; location TBD; contact Nicole Jennings, 810-569-9610
- District 10 — June 24 at The Highway Brewing Company, West Branch; contact Sonya Novotny, 248-420-2340
- District 11 — March 26 at The Thirsty Sturgeon Bar & Grille, Wolverine; contact Cole Iaquinto, 810-422-7322
- District 12 — March 16 at Bay College, Escanaba; contact Craig Knudson, 231-357-3864
Discussion meets are open to Farm Bureau members ages 18-35. Visit www.michfb.com/YFDiscussionMeetfor the topics and more information.